The railroad più highest in Europe – World Heritage UNESCO
Tirano – Rhaetian railway station
The B&B VILLA VERDE
is 10 'from the Rhaetian Railway station of Tirano.
None of our guests resist the charm of this trip, lovely in every season of the year!
HISTORY & CURIOSITY’
1910-2010 – 100 years of the Bernina Line
The line of the red train of Bernina is the only Swiss railway from S to N through the Alps in the open. From the train station of Tirano (429 s/m) comes over the glaciers of the Bernina Pass (2253 s/m), overcoming the 1824 m in altitude in just 22 km as the crow flies and facing slopes of 70% or, without the aid of the rack.
*5 July 1910 – inauguration RhB Tirano-St Moritz.
*5 May 2007 – will inaugurate the new station of Tirano RhB and the brand new panorama cars that will join the already proven Glacier and Bernina Express.
*7 July 2008 – Railways of the Bernina (Poschiavo Tirano-St-. Moritz) and 'Albula (-Samedan St.Moritz-Filisur-Thusis), together with the historic center of Tirano are declared UNESCO World Heritage.
The path joins the Albula 3 regions details:
* Poschiavo = divide Adriatic sea – Italian language
* Engadine = divide Mar Nero – lingua Reto Romancia
* Albula = divide North Sea – German.
QT his spectacular route begins in Tirano, also the terminus of the railway station from Milan.
The Bernina Express is not only a link between Italy and Switzerland, is also the highest altitude in Europe and one of the steepest natural adhesion to the railways world.
After a few kilometers already exceeds a wonder: the viaduct in Brusio. Beyond Poschiavo, capital of the valley with its beautiful patrician houses, reaches Alp Grüm, exceptional vantage point. After the pass, at Montebello offers travelers the impressive view of the glacier Morteratsch and the mountain group of Bernina, with its “four thousand” sparkling snows.
A Pontresina, branches off the line-Chur to Samedan, which allows to reach the Central Switzerland. A few more kilometers and reaches St. Moritz.
The Swiss-Italian border is about 1 km from Tirano and Switzerland is not part of the European Union. The 12 December 2008 However, it has joined the Schengen Treaty, therefore, while remaining unaffected controls of goods at customs, You are not always required documents identity’ validated by espatrio. E’ still important to have them always with him!
La Dorgan is located at the entrance of RhB station of Tirano, before entering the Ticket. E’ the only station in the Italian territory the Bernina Railway. Sometimes there are no controls on the train, by Swiss customs officers.
If you are in possession of audio-visual equipment visibly new and do not have the guarantee certificate of purchase, must denounce customs, to avoid incurring unnecessary to return to discussions.
TICKETS AND RESERVATIONS
The Ticket return TIRANO – ST. MORITZ adult, the regional red train, valid 1 just one day, 2a classe, costs about 60 euro (2018). E’ should always call the ticket office (+39 0342-701353) or view schedules and updated prices because there may be variations, depending on the development of the Euro-Swiss franc exchange, or for questions about the possibility of offers and discounts.
* Children from 6 to 16 age (not completed) charged 50%.
* Children under the 6 years old are free.
* Carta Junior: for boys between 6 and 16 years traveling with their parents; to book: cost 14 Euro e validité 1 year.
* There is no reduction for older people (over 65 age).
* E’ allowed an unlimited number of intermediate stops, within the validity of the ticket, then continuing with the next train.
* Special fares for groups of at least 6 people traveling together, 30% di sconto (ticket issued only by stations in Tirano and Poschiavo), without gratuitousness.
* For groups of more than 10 people there is a discount of 20% and a free ticket for every 10 people.
* The seats on the “Little Red Train” Bernina are booked ONLY in these cases:
– groups (almeno 10 people), Free seat reservation.
– in case you choose the panorama carriages of “Bernina Express” Tirano. In this case the payment is scheduled for a supplement for express trains, that is to Tirano-St. Moritz is approximately 8-12 EUR / per trip / per person (including children).
* No need to obliterate your tickets before you leave.
Tourist Office Tirano
time: 9 -17 feriali, 9 -14 festivi
tel 39 0342 841211
e-mail iat tirano
Border Police of Tirano
phone +39 0342 703744
More and curiosity in this Flavio Capra site