The B&B Villa Verde - Valtellina is located in GROSIO, the navel of VALTELLINA
Why choose Valtellina> Grosio> the B&B Villa Verde, for your holiday?
* * * STRATEGIC POSITION
* Within a few kilometers it is possible to reach the well-known tourist resorts of: Tirano, Aprica, St. Moritz, Bormio, S. ta Caterina, Livigno and the Stelvio National Park.
* STELVIO, GAVIA and MORTIRIOLO, the steps that have marked the history of cycling, await your challenges!
* 15 'from BORMIO: Bagni Vecchi and Bagni Nuovi spas with which we have an agreement, Terme-Olympic swimming pool, ski slopes, skating rinks
* 10 'from TIRANO: Bernina red train, direct to St. Moritz, Basilica of the Apparition, wine cellars, ethnographic museum.
* * * VALTELLINA TRAIL For lovers of green holidays, by bicycle or mountain bike, the cycle path that crosses the Valtellina from Colico to Bormio is an excellent opportunity.
* * * GROSIO preserves a heritage of peculiarities and beauties that deserve to be known.
It is a village of almost 5000 inhabitants which, in the cultural context of the Province of Sondrio, occupies a place of primary importance, not only for the conspicuous archaeological, historical and artistic evidence present in its territory, but also for the wealth of uses and customs that Grosino has been able to preserve in continuity and fidelity to a tradition that still remains a symbol of unity, pride and pride.
* healthy environment, quiet place, lively, active and friendly people;
* there is history and art, tradition and folklore, lakes, streams, mountains and gastronomic specialties;
* both the Valgrosina, which borders Switzerland and communicates with the Valdidentro, and the Orobic side of the country that culminates at the Mortirolo pass, offer unspoiled landscapes and satisfy the enthusiasts of excursions, trekking, mountaineering and mountain biking, mushroom hunters or berries and those who love to fish along the stream or in high mountain lakes;
* lovers of linguistics, dialectology and toponymy can deepen their knowledge at the IDEVV - Institute of dialectology and ethnography of Valtellina and Valchiavenna - The precious Grosino Etymological Dictionary, today among the most consulted in the Alps, is a precious source to reconstruct the history, customs and traditions of our people;
* Grosio is well stocked with shops, bars, pubs, ice cream parlors, pastry shops, pizzerias, typical restaurants, where you can buy or taste local products: bresaola, cheeses, alpine butter, pizzoccheri, sciatt, flour buckwheat, porcini mushrooms, game, pestèda, Valtellina wines, honey and jams.
* * * in GROSIO it is possible to visit:
- The Park of rock engravings with medieval castles, evidence of the continuity of these places from prehistoric times to today; the Rupe Magna is the largest engraved rock in the entire Alpine arc. info: parkincisionigrosio
- The Villa Visconti Venosta, with museum and library, surrounded by an immense park, partly equipped with a play area for children; info: villaviscontivenosta
- the Museum of grosino costume at the Villa Visconti
- the historic center with the ancient church of S. Giorgio (15th century) set;
- the imposing parish church dedicated to St. Joseph (17th century).
* * * in GROSOTTO, a neighboring town 1 km away:
- the Sanctuary of the Blessed V. delle Grazie (16th-17th century) which preserves carving works of considerable artistic value, as well as the "Holy Family" by Marcello Venusti, a pupil of Michelangelo;
- the historic center with its beautiful fountains;
- an old mill with stone millstones and an eighteenth-century wine press.
* * * in BUNCH, 3km away:
- the historic center with the parish church of S. Stefano, seat of the ancient parish church, with the original baptistery (6th-7th century) and elegant eighteenth-century buildings.